Inventory Control Forklift Full Time
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club
Posted on: September 15, 2022
Join a team of more than 32,000 team members, comprised of our
home office and over 229 clubs and 7 distribution centers. We're
committed to delivering value and convenience to our Members,
helping them save every day on everything they need for their
family and home. BJ's Wholesale Club offers a collaborative,
team-oriented environment where all team members can learn, grow
and excel. Job SummaryResponsible for serving as support to the
Asset Protection Supervisor to maintain workflow and count
processes. Operating a forklift and working in tandem with all
Inventory control team members to provide exceptional member
shopping experience by conducting, organizing, and validating
inventory counts, sorting damaged and RTV, reducing salvage,
obtaining return authorizations from vendors and re-wrapping
sellable merchandise. Works cross functionally within departments
to complete related merchandise counts and inventory control
responsibilities. Team Members:
- Carry out job functions and responsibilities as assigned.
Support the application of club policies, procedures, and
- We strive for flawless execution and hold ourselves
- Acts with honesty and integrity and lead with the member in
mind to address all concerns and to escalate any concerns, as
- Ensure a safe and positive environment for our members and each
- Embrace inclusion and diversity, by working together with
collaboration and respect. Work as a team to achieve goals.
- Move with speed and agility in everything we do.
- Innovate and adapt so we can move as fast as the world around
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude.Members:
- Deliver service excellence through all points of contact.
- Resolve and deescalate to address every member concern.
- Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the
- Daily commitment to GOLD Member Standards
- Greet, Anticipate, Appreciate (GAA)
- Fast, Friendly Full, Fresh, CleanClub Standards: Work as a team
to deliver GOLD club standards daily.
- Work with commitment and pride to deliver GOLD- Grand opening
- All items stocked and promotional plans executed
- Maintain visible accurate signage
- Clean and organized, inside and outKnow your Business:
- Understand how to access and read production and/or financial
performance reporting for your department
- See the connection between consistent execution and the
positive impact it can have on the business Major Tasks,
Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Provides members with prompt and courteous service and
assistance. - Maintains high standards of safety, service, and
sanitation for members and team members.
- Works with speed and accuracy to facilitate organized
processes. - Accurately processes damaged or defective merchandise
by following appropriate salvage, donation, vendor return, reverse
logistic, hazardous waste and destroy procedures.
- Obtains return authorizations from vendors, processes vendor
chargebacks, and packages and ships merchandise returns based on
vendor return policies.
- Works proactively with department teams to track, plan,
coordinate and execute department inventory counts control county
cycles as prescribed by Home Office within assigned deadlines.
- Follow count processes and procedures.
- Maintains the correct stock / inventory status for all damaged,
defective, and returned merchandise.
- Assesses breakage logs associated with leaking, spoiled and
broken merchandise and processes merchandise out of inventory. -
Processes freezer and dairy damages.
- Understands the company's community / donation programs and
administers salvage and donation merchandise orders.
- Conduct daily club safety walks, escalate findings to Asset
Control Inventory Supervisor
- Supports Inventory Control Count Team in executing count
processing as assigned.
- Review daily return reports, processes merchandise recalls, and
processes tire and battery returns.
- Ensures that the AFS and release dates are followed.
- Ensures that the books are stocked, and that the execution of
book returns are completed in partnership with the RICS.
- Processes the 945/948/950's in partnership with the AP
- Re-wraps sellable merchandise using appropriate seal and
shrink-wrap packaging guidelines.
- Ensures the department is organized and clean. - Follows
established safety, filing organization, and lock-up
- Completes and maintains necessary training and annual safety
re-certifications to effectively operate a forklift
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other
departments as needed.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of this job. Qualifications
- Must successfully complete required training and certification
- Effective communication, interpersonal, and computer
- Forklift experience preferred.
- At least 18 years of age. Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about on hard surfaces.
Frequently requires bending, climbing, crawling, pulling, reaching,
stooping, and climbing ladders/step stools.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May
require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects more than
30 pounds with assistance. Requires using a pallet jack to pull and
- Exposure to both indoor and outdoor temperatures, as well as
occasional exposure to extreme temperatures in freezers and
- Frequent exposure to hazardous material.
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Noblesville , Inventory Control Forklift Full Time, Professions , Noblesville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!