Company: Dollar General
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Find Your Opportunity!
Dollar General is now hiring for the following position at the
Marion, IN Distribution Center!
WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR II
Dollar General offers a great relocation package, benefits & growth
opportunities plus tuition-free degree and secondary education
programs to you and your immediate family!
APPLY ONLINE TODAY!
Supervises the timely receipt, stocking, order filling, or shipment
of merchandise. May supervise employees who operate rolling stock
equipment and/or automated equipment.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews WMS reports; notifies WMS personnel regarding shutdowns
or other WMS failures.
- Utilizes Standard Operating Procedures to resolve and correct
problems; communicates issues to Inbound/Outbound Manager.
- Reviews reports to determine daily department staffing levels;
reviews staffing plan with Inbound/Outbound Manager.
- Develops continuity in utilization of Labor Transfer pay
- Conducts weekly and monthly staffing review with
- Partners with Training Department to monitor new employee
- Plans daily production goals.
- Utilizes Productivity Improvement Plan process to identify
- Reviews quality measurements and reports status to
- Maintains employee records on a daily basis.
- Supports safety programs to reduce or eliminate employee
- Conducts annual employee reviews and merit increase
- Interviews and selects candidates for employment in partnership
with Human Resources department.
- Performs counseling sessions and is empowered to dismiss
employees in applicable situations.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Understanding of inventory accounting.
- Knowledge of specific inbound or outbound functions within the
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated skills necessary to assist employees in conflict
resolution and one-to-one communication.
- Good oral and written communication skills to include
- Computer skills: warehouse management systems, Word, Excel, and
payroll/personnel systems such as KRONOS.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Automated distribution center experience preferred.
- Two or more years of supervisory experience.
- Warehouse Management System (WMS) experience preferred.
- Must be able to physically move throughout the distribution
center to monitor the flow of merchandise.
- Exposure to changing climatic conditions.
- Exposure to dust, lighting and noise
- Some heavy lifting, bending, stooping, squatting, and kneeling
may be required to assist employees when necessary.
About Dollar General Corporation
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers
for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time.
Save money. Every day! by offering products that are frequently
used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids,
cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at
everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar
General operated 17,683 stores in 46 states as of July 30, 2021. In
addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells
products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox,
Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever,
Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo.
Learn more about Dollar General at dollargeneral.com.
Serving others is our mission. Make it yours.
Keywords: Dollar General, Noblesville , Warehouse Supervisor, Professions , Noblesville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!