Patient Care Tech
Company: Riverview Health
Posted on: June 13, 2022
At Riverview Health, we focus on improving the healthcare
experience for those we serve, including our employees. Although
Riverview Health is Noblesville's largest employer and one of
Hamilton County's ten largest employers with a staff of more than
1,300, we provide a close-knit work environment where everyone
feels like an invaluable member of the team. We do this by creating
a culture that's supportive, positive and empowering.The -Patient
Care Tech -provides direct care to patients, aiding them with basic
daily-life needs such as feeding, bathing, dressing, etc. The -PCT
measures daily vitals, monitors the patient behavior and mood, and
reports this information through both charting and communication
with other members of the patient care team. The Patient Care Tech
-is also responsible for maintaining clean, organized hallways,
rooms and equipment.JOB -DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Observes, documents, and communicates significant findings, and
any procedure results, to the Registered Nurse to minimize and
prevent delays or complications in patient care.
- Documents pertinent patient care data on appropriate forms,
and/or within the electronic patient chart, that meets legal,
ethical, and procedural guidelines and requirements.
- Assists in the provision of routine hygienic, nutritional, and
comfort needs of patients such as, but not limited to: bathing;
distributing fluids and nourishments; feeding; ambulating; changing
bed linens; oral care; grooming; shampooing hair; toileting;
- Performs routine clinical tests and procedures such as, but not
limited to: vital signs; hot/cold packs; measuring and documenting
patient input and output; weighing patients; bladder ultrasound;
and suction set up.
- Functions as testing personnel under CLIA1988 regulations as
related to point of care testing if applicable.
- Performs basic nursing support tasks such as but not limited
to: answering call lights; transporting patients; transporting
specimens; assisting with patient transfers; and range of
- Assists physicians and other team members with treatments and
procedures as directed.
- Performs unit support functions, such as but not limited to:
answering the phone; retrieving and transporting supplies and
equipment; orienting patient to room upon admission, maintaining
clean, clutter free hallways, rooms, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.Riverview Health is an Equal
Opportunity Employer located in Noblesville, Westfield and
throughout Hamilton County, Indiana.
Keywords: Riverview Health, Noblesville , Patient Care Tech, Other , Noblesville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!