Software Engineering Department Manager-Indianapolis
Posted on: January 16, 2020
Job Description: Reporting to the IIS Software Engineering
Director, the Indianapolis Software Department Manager will be
responsible for acquiring, training and managing a team of software
engineers to meet or exceed new business growth goals and all
software related cost, schedule and technical commitments.
- Management of over 200 Software engineers including a
Department staff of 7+ Software Section Managers/Technical Leads
located in Indiana, Alabama, New Jersey and other locations.
- Support new business capture by reviewing bids for any new
contracts, Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), Rough Order Of
Magnitudes (ROMs) and Non-Binding Budgetary Estimates (NBBEs)
assuring that the solution being proposed is fact/metric based, is
compliant and meets the price to win.
- Execution oversight of Avionics programs, including review and
approval of the Software engineering Estimates At Completes
- Workforce planning and the supply/development of skilled
Software engineers to ensure execution success and on contract new
- Deployment and oversight of Corporate and IIS Software
- Responsible for data integrity, collection, analysis and
reporting of all Raytheon Corporate and IIS Software metrics.
- Support career development of the engineers within their
Software Department, by conducting performance reviews of
Department Staff; assessing/assigning performance ratings;
generating/reviewing achievement awards; merit and promotion
planning for their Software Department.
- Generation of a weekly and monthly status report detailing
software highlights and key employee accomplishments.
- Management of approved Software Department overhead expenses
including employee training, travel, relocation, morale events and
- Leverage new technologies, methodologies, tools and processes
used in industry to ensure their department increases efficiency,
software quality and keeps Raytheon competitive.Required Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or
other relevant technical discipline (STEM).
- 12+ years of experience working in the software development
- 4+ years of experience as a Section/Line Manager.
- Ability to manage a large group of engineers (200+).
- Ability to manage, train and mentor 8-10 Department staff.
- Experience working on proposals including a demonstrated
ability to prepare metric/fact based cost estimates, delivery
schedules, and technical solutions to meet the price to win.
- Experience developing Basis Of Estimates (BOEs).
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI)
- Current in the technologies, methodologies, processes and tools
used in the software industry with a demonstrated track record of
deploying these on programs.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret clearance. Desired
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or other
relevant technical discipline.
- Experience bidding and oversight of Firm Fixed Price (FFP)
- Experience working on International programs.
- Certified Basis of Estimate (BOE) developer and/or
- Experience working on a development program using an
- Experience dealing with Information Assurance and Cyber
- Experience developing web-based systems using a Service
Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Cloud computing.
- Existing DOD Secret Clearance. This position requires a U.S.
Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
153591Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, or protected Veteran status.
Keywords: Raytheon, Noblesville , Software Engineering Department Manager-Indianapolis, IT / Software / Systems , Noblesville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!