Assistant Manager for Market and Eatery
Company: Leo's Market and Eatery
Posted on: November 24, 2022
*The Assistant Store Manager (ASM) is responsible for leading the
day-to-day operations of the store in the absence of the Market and
Eatery Manager. Supporting the Market and Eatery Store Manager in
all non-food, packaged food and prepared food related facets of
running the store. The ASM will review business results, including
sales, profitability, and plan for continuous improvement. The ASM
supports the selection and development of all Customer Service
Associates in the Market and Eatery and is responsible for the
training of all Customer Service Associates in the store. The ASM
is responsible for ordering goods, supplies and scheduling labor.
The ASM is responsible for managing and overseeing State and Local
Board of Health rules and guidelines for safe food operations. The
ASM is responsible for managing and overseeing all safety processes
within the store. The ASM ensures an exceptional customer
experience. Where applicable, this position will assist the Market
and Eatery Store Manager with managing the fuel offering.*
1. Ensure a pleasant shopping experience for all customers. Respond
to and resolve customer complaints or inquiries. Solicit customer
feedback, input and information through various communication
vehicles. React to information and work with Store Manager to
create a plan to consistently meet the expectations of all
2. Execute the corporate training plan for all Customer Care
Representatives. Effectively conduct hands-on training to ensure
associate proficiency. Conduct Check Point interviews to ensure
quality of training. Ensure the planning and execution of
established safety, security, quality, and store operations
policies, procedures and practices.
3. Supervise the day-to-day task assignments and performance for
all associates. Assist with all matters relating to Customer Care
Representatives and the store team - recruiting, hiring, training,
coaching, associate engagement and performance management.
4. Execute exterior appearance and safety expectations for areas of
the property. Including curb appeal (landscape), parking areas,
fueling area, walks and curbs, signage, trash receptacles, dumpster
area and employee break area.
5. Plan and prepare work schedules and coordinate daily assignments
and activities of associates to meet the needs of the business.
Delegate tasks and follow-up as necessary. Review Schedules with
Market and Eatery Store Manager.
6. Assist with monitoring and analyzing business processes and
results to profitably achieve store goals. Examples include
reviewing and analyzing reports, completing the store performance
tracking board, and managing shrink and spoilage in non-food
service product mix.
7. Manage cash, cigarettes and lottery processes.
8. Assist with analyzing results and trends and prepare action
plans to leverage the store's strengths and address areas of
opportunity. Ensure the execution of all action plans.
9. Build relationships with community partners to connect the store
with its community.
10. Ensure safety program execution.
11. Participate in the selection and training of additional
Assistant Store Managers.
1. Ability to work well individually as well as in a team
environment in a leadership capacity
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills
3. Excellent customer service skills
4. Ability to work with little or no supervision
5. Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills
6. Ability to apply critical thinking skills in all situations
7. Ability to apply root cause techniques in order to solve
8. Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and
9. Proven self-starter with demonstrated ability to make
10. Understanding of store finances and awareness of impact to
11. Must be able to perform the following physical behaviors
repetitively throughout a shift: standing,
walking, handling, reaching horizontally and grasping firmly
12. Must be able to perform the following physical behaviors
frequently throughout a shift: reaching above the shoulder,
reaching below the waist, pushing buttons, bending, stooping,
squatting, crouching, kneeling and pushing
13. Must be able to lift and carry up to 45 lbs.
14. Excellent relationship building, interpersonal and leadership
15. Ability to learn and utilize the store's technology
1. High School Diploma or GED equivalent and at least 19 years of
2. Leadership experience in a retail environment preferred
3. Ability to work 35 - 40 hours per week
4. Availability to work all shifts, weekends, and holidays, based
on business needs
5. Experience selecting, training, performance management of staff,
sales building, labor allocation & scheduling, managing
6. Proven and consistently demonstrated skills in the
--- Exceptional Customer Service
--- Relationship Building
--- Effective Communication
7. Willingness to learn and enforce all Serve Safe rules and
8. Willingness to learn and be a champion of all Underground
Storage Tank regulations
9. Ability to relocate to new stores as needed
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
Weekly day range:
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Leo's Market and Eatery, Noblesville , Assistant Manager for Market and Eatery, Hospitality & Tourism , Noblesville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!