Team Leader, Meat
Company: Giant Eagle
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Job SummaryOur Meat Team Leader manages the entire Meat Team and
keeps it running like a well-oiled machine. Leaders are accountable
for the operating performance of the department at all times. Be a
Leader by representing the organization in a professional manner.
Promote and develop individuals with mutual respect, inclusion,
diversity and dignity. Coach Team Members on a regular basis with
timely feedback - identify opportunities for development and coach
for success. "Job Description
- Experience Required: Retail work experience or Store Leader
recommendation; Meat Cutting
- Experience Desired: Retail leadership or supervisory
experience; Successful performance as a Peer Trainer or other
similar role; Successful performance as an in-store champion (e.g.,
safety, service, wellness) or similar role; Demonstrated product
knowledge relevant to department; Satisfactory performance and
- Education Desired: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Required: Meat Cutting, Meat
Processing or Meat Science
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 100 pounds
- Travel Required: None
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age Job Responsibilities
- Your principal, main, major or most important duty includes one
or some combination of the following tasks:1. interview, select and
train Team Members;2. direct the work of Team Members;3. appraise
Team Members' productivity and efficiency for the purpose of
recommending promotions or other changes in status;4. handle Team
Member issues including, but not limited to complaints;5.
discipline Team Members;6. plan the work;7. distribute or assign
the work among Team Members;8. provide for the safety and security
of Team Members or the store;9. manage the budget for your
department or location;10. manage inventory for your department or
location; or11. monitor or implement compliance measures
- Direct, oversee, and evaluate training provided to department
Team Members to reduce turnover, promote efficiency and control
- Provide motivational leadership to an amazing team by focusing
on respect and by setting an exemplary example.
- Identify strengths and opportunities of the team and think
strategically when making moves and scheduling.
- Develop future leaders, identify Team Members who are poised to
rise through the ranks and remember our people are our best
- Nurture an environment of inclusion and diversity, giving each
Team Member a voice.
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work:
for Team Members, for guests and for products.
- Inspire the team and our guests with a passion for food and a
willingness to go the extra mile to provide the best product.
- Set and reach aggressive sales and profit goals by making
suggestions when appropriate, while also managing shrink.
- Establish an ongoing communication plan with the team, ensuring
that all Team Members are informed and prepared to put their best
- Communicate with the merchandising team to ensure that
promotions are properly communicated to Team Members and
- Make innovative plans and suggestions to improve our
- Review and analyze both stores financial, LOB reports, and
historical reports to improve performance in sales, profits,
shrink, labor controls, and reduction.
- Oversee period inventories for accuracy and monitor weekly
fluctuations in inventory and shrink dollars.
- About UsAt Giant Eagle Inc., we re more than just food, fuel
and convenience. We re one giant family of diverse and talented
Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It
s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers
countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid
family values are what makes us one of the top work places for jobs
in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis
Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo s, our grocery Stores
through our Corporate home office, we are working together to put
food on shoppers' tables and smiles on their faces. We re always
searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We
invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting
career with us.
Keywords: Giant Eagle, Noblesville , Team Leader, Meat, Hospitality & Tourism , Noblesville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!