Gas Engineering Specialist
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: May 15, 2023
Center Point Energy is looking for a Gas Engineering Specialist
to join our Team, located in Noblesville, IN.You will have the
ability to create complex natural gas distribution and transmission
system designs. Manage large projects from design through
completion including preparation of plans, specifications, permits
and contracts. Design new or relocation pipe facilities and issue
orders on natural gas distribution facilities for subdivisions,
system improvements, and public improvement projects. Work with a
moderate level of discretion, autonomy and initiative under the
supervision and direction of an engineer, supervising engineer or
engineering manager.We want you to knowCenterPoint Energy and its
predecessor companies have been in business for more than 150
years. Our vision to lead the nation in delivering energy, service
and value drives our strategy and performance. We have an
unwavering commitment to safely and reliably deliver electricity
and natural gas to millions of people.Diversity and
InclusionCenterPoint Energy is committed to creating an inclusive
work environment where business results are achieved through the
skills, abilities and talents of our diverse workforce.At
CenterPoint Energy, individuals are respected for their
contributions toward our company objectives. We strive for an
inclusive work environment across all levels that is reflective of
the available workforce in the communities we serve.What we bring
- Competitive pay
- Paid training
- Benefits eligibility begins on your first day.
- Subsides metro and parking discounts.
- Flexible work schedule, paid holidays and paid time off
- Access to discounts at fitness clubs and an on-site wellness
center at our headquarters in Houston
- Professional growth and development programs including tuition
- 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match dollar-for-dollar
up to 6% and a company contribution of 3% regardless of your
contribution with immediate 100% vesting.To be successful in this
role you will:
- Design gas distribution facilities and associated support
systems including cathodic protection.
- Prepare long range capacity piping plans, easements and
permits, bid packages and contracts, relocation and letter
agreements, redline/greenline proposals, regulatory proposals for
service area certification, and main replacement program
- Prepare cost estimates, material specifications and schedules,
system capacity and pressure study modeling and analyses.
- Prepare and submit minor construction drawings for
- Prepare economic feasibility studies and makes customer
contribution recommendations for new loads and system replacement
- Prepare presentations for customers and management.
- Manage deadlines to complete projects to time and budget.
- Coordinate efforts with customers, and government
- Provide design support to local gas operations.
- Prepare operational procedures to complete projects.
- Communicate with district employees, when necessary, where
corrections need to be made or assisting them with a problem.
- Mentor and trains new employees.
- Design larger more complex projects, for instance projects with
multiple feeds and installation procedures.Your background
- Requires a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or
university.In lieu of the degree, may substitute equivalent
combination of education and experience such as three years
credited toward a related bachelor's degree and two years of
relevant experience. Every two years of experience is equivalent to
one year of education.
- Requires a minimum of seven (7) years of experience in natural
gas utility design.A bonus to be:
- Able to make sound decisions based on engineering and
operational principles and Company policies.
- Able to learn and use computer programs and PC software
proficiently, including GIS, SAP modules, e-mail, word processing,
presentation and spreadsheet programs.
- Able to demonstrate and apply effective project management and
time management skills to meet project deadlines and remain within
- Able to multi-task and manage several projects or activities at
one time while still meeting all deadlines, milestones and delivery
- Able to demonstrate and apply excellent verbal and written
- Able to communicate and interact with all levels of management
and associates and perform well in a team environment.
- Able to represent Company in a professional manner in matters
and meetings with both private and public, entities and
- Able to cultivate relationships and partner with business and
community contacts to achieve business results.
- Able to apply extensive knowledge of company policies and
procedures and DOT CFR 192 regulations and natural gas pipeline
- Able to use initiative, good judgment and tact to complete
- Able to meet and maintain performance and attendance criteria
for the job.
- Able to be self-directed with minimal supervision.
- Able to identify and develop personal performance goals.
- Able to coordinate and lead individuals and groups to complete
- Able to identify solutions to problems with creativity and
- Able to meet all physical requirements, competency-based
assessments, pre-employment background checks, pre-employment drug
screen and other selection criteria determined by the Company.
- Able to provide a valid state driver's license and present and
maintain a good driving record and to operate company vehicles
safely and in compliance with applicable laws and company
- Able to demonstrate commitment to compliance with applicable
laws and regulations, the Company's Ethics and Compliance Code of
Conduct, and other Company policies and procedures and do so
consistently, take all required training courses and do so
- Able to demonstrate respect for all individuals, adhere to the
Company's values and business practices and do both consistently.
#LI-CNPThis contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the
requirements of 41 CFR ---- 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a), and
60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against
qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans
or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination
against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover,
these regulations require that covered prime contractors and
subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in
employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status or disability.
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Noblesville , Gas Engineering Specialist, Engineering , Noblesville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...