Roadway Project Engineer
Posted on: January 12, 2022
What We're Looking For
HNTB is looking for a dynamic and energetic engineer who is looking
to work on the best projects across the state of Indiana. This
position can be filled out of our downtown Indianapolis or
This individual provides coordination of project execution and
control, in a given discipline area, to achieve continuity of
purpose within scope, budget, and time schedules from initial
start-up through project closeout. Also accountable for handling
specific design aspects on projects appropriate to discipline
field. Coordinates efforts of assigned design team to ensure
completeness and accuracy of design effort. Serves as technical
liaison with client on project efforts.
Primary Focus Will Include
- Leading engineers and cadd technicians to deliver roadway
projects for INDOT
- Provide oversight in developing, mentoring, and leading younger
- Responsible for production of roadway, pavement marking plans,
traffic control, quantities, cost estimates, construction
administration and final specifications
- Provide coordination of project execution and control on
roadway design projects to achieve continuity of purpose within
scope, budget, and time schedules from initial start-up through
- Accountable for handling specific design aspects on
- Coordinate efforts of assigned design team to ensure
completeness and accuracy of design effort
- Serve as technical liaison with client on project efforts
Preferred Qualifications And Skills
- Indiana PE
- Microstation and Inroads experience
- INDOT experience
- Ability to lead a project team
What You'll Need
- Responsible for the planning and distribution of
discipline-specific work, and adherence the to the schedule and
budget on projects.
- Assists in marketing responsibilities, including proposal
- Assists with the development of scope of work and level of
effort for projects and/or assignments within discipline.
- Oversees completeness and accuracy of project teams work within
the technical discipline. Guides and mentors team to overall
- Coordinates technical aspects of project with client
counterpart and teaming partners at staff level for work within the
- Works closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering and 6 years of relevant
- Masters degree in Engineering and 5 years of relevant
- PhD in Engineering and 4 years of relevant experience
- Ensures accountability by holding oneself and others
accountable to meet commitments.
- Exhibits action orientation by calling upon prior experiences
to take on new challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and
- Collaborates with other disciplines outside of own primary
discipline. Effectively building relationships through working with
ones counterpart at the client level, partnering with clients to
meet shared objectives.
- Communicates effectively by developing and delivering
information that conveys a clear understanding of the project needs
to external audiences.
- Manages complexity by making sense of complicated, high
quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively
- Exhibits courage by stepping up to address difficult issues by
saying what needs to be said.
- Displays sound decision quality for processes and making timely
decisions that keep the organization moving forward with
consideration of how decisions affect other disciplines.
- Develops the technical skills and organizational skills
(project, budget, etc.) of others to meet both their career goals
and the firms goals.
- Directs work by delegating, guiding, and recommending solutions
to remove obstacles.
- Provides technical oversight and guidance to project team
- Uses resourcefulness by securing and deploying resources
effectively and efficiently, using a variety of people and
- Drives self-development by actively seeking new ways to grow
and be challenged at the discipline level using both formal and
informal development channels, with development focused on their
future career path.
- Optimizes work processes by knowing and integrating the most
effective and efficient processes to get things done. Focusing on
continuous improvement balanced with client expectations.
- Understands the impacts of decisions on technical design and
- Coordinates work planning and design effectively across
multiple technical disciplines.
- Prepares high quality deliverables that are on time, and within
budget and scope.
Click here for benefits information: HNTB Total Rewards
Click here to learn more about EOE including disability and vet
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
R-06156 Full Time #JK #Highways
At HNTB, we are harnessing the power of collaboration and
innovation to establish a new vision for the future of mobility
across our country. You dont have to look far to see our impact.
For more than a century, HNTBs spark has connected people and
places, expanded opportunity, and left a lasting impact on our
communities. Our culture of integrity and inclusion, combined with
groundbreaking solutions, has affirmed our reputation and
positioned our firm as the industry leader in delivering
When you join HNTB, you are joining an employee-owned firm founded
on the values of integrity, collaboration, personal accountability,
respect for others, and the development of all employees. We are
committed to the continual improvement of an inclusive and diverse
workplace. We encourage our employees to bring their whole and
authentic selves to work, provide them a meaningful welcoming
environment where they are valued, celebrated and respected.
Diversity of thought and unique perspectives drives innovation,
engagement and retention, which makes HNTB better and brings value
to our clients and our communities.
HNTB Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
HNTB does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
citizenship status, or other status protected by law. We will
provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with a
disability where appropriate.
Reasonable Accommodations - If you are an individual with a
disability or limited English proficiency and need assistance or an
accommodation, please email ReasonableAccommodations@HNTB.com or
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986,
we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to
work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which
is subject to U.S. law).
Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time
of hire. Visa sponsorship is typically not available for entry
- HNTB participates in E-Verify
- Know your rights: Right to Work
Keywords: Hntb, Noblesville , Roadway Project Engineer, Engineering , Noblesville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!